2014年11月27日木曜日

Cable vest

My mother gave me some old stash of yarn.  They must have sat on her shelf for decades. It is 100% wool, but it doesn't feel soft. 

I decided to make a sweater for my son to wear over pajamas. It would be a non-soft sweater, but it souldn't be a big problem since it is worn over pajamas. Probably I would use soft yarn at the neck. 


It turned out my calculation was way off at sleeves.  So I made it a vest. 


Well, it is just something he wears when he sleeps. A vest should do a good job. 

I used soft baby alpaca yarn at the neck. 
From this project, I learned large part of joy in knitting is probably the feel in hands. Knitting hard and stiff yarn was simply not fun at all. I even did not re-do sleeves because I hate to knit this yarn any longer. I was so happy when I was knitting neckband with soft alpaca yarn. The joy of knitting is probably joy of hands. 



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿